Thursday, March 9, 2017

March...International Women's History Month

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. — Eleanor 
Roosevelt


Many Strong Women
      Each year we celebrate National Women's History Month.  Because of the shrinking of the world due  to our use of cyberspace,  it has become INTERNATIONAL Women's History Month.


After witnessing the worldwide unity during the Women's March of January 21 of this year, and seeing all the activism occurring daily, it is becoming more and more apparent that if we want change, it is going to be up to the "fairer" sex to make the world an even better place to be.

       And meanwhile, on Wall Street, a new statue was on display for Wednesday March 8, the Day of the Month in March that is designated as International Women's Day.  I think this is one of the most dynamic shots of the  year!
Wall Street Heroine
And her adversary
I don't know if this is a permanent art work, but I hope so!  This is the kind of thing all our little girls need to see!  Here is a link to a video you can see about people's reaction to this little super girl!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like Fearless Girl as much as I do, Jay! When I first saw her on Women's Day in the morning, I fell in love with her at first sight. I spent the whole day drawing her, in preparation for the art quilt I am now painting. I began the quilt with just her late, late that night, and yesterday added 11 of us women who went to Washington on Jan 21, on a bus of 55 women from Wooster. I had painted 11 aprons, and now have the 11 of us wearing them, in Washington, on the bottom of the painting, under The Fearless Girl. I don't know what else will go into the painting yet, because, where I usually make many sketches for the whole painting before I start a big piece, this time I just had the girl. The rest will fall into place today.
    I'd been looking at pix of ER, and I really like the one you've used in your collage of strong women in history. We'll see what happens later today! Happy Women's History Month to you! Lucky / Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had seen part of your Wall Street Girl quilt on FB! It is going to be fabulous!

      Delete