Thursday, January 26, 2017

A Little Bit of Everything

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one” 

― John LennonImagine



       This quote is from one of my favorite songs "Imagine" by John Lennon...if we would just listen to these words and live by them...the world would be as one! Now, to my up and down life with social media!  I stayed off  FB from the election until the inauguration... a nice dry spell to get my head cleared.  I am back on now but am trying to regulate my time and what I actually repost.  I have decided that one cannot sit idly by...that if I am not happy with the world the way it is, I need to say something..I am fact checking what I put out there...I do think there is way too much of reposting whatever is out there just because it sounds outrageous...and that is one of the reasons we are in the mess we are in.

Charlie Rose
       And I have returned to listening to/watching a few talk shows.  One of my favorites on tv is the Charlie Rose Show.  My friend Joy got me interested in him quite a few months ago and I have picked up on him again.  He has a daily M-F show on PBS and has had for years.  He is very non-partisan, has guests from all walks of life...actors, authors, inventors, musicians, etc. I really enjoy hearing his guests, whether I agree with them or not. He can really pull stuff out of them in a very interesting and educational manner.  I tape everything on tv, even the news.  That way I can just fast forward through anything I don't want to hear or see!
       Which leads me to my next topic!!  The last couple of days I have been thinking about cleaning up my studio a bit!  I have drawers and boxes full of scraps of fabric...pieces left over from past projects.  I just couldn't throw it away!!  So I decided to just start sewing pieces  together and see what happens!  While sewing, I usually have the radio, tv or an audio book on.  This particular project has a lot of getting up and down with it, so I decided to get caught up on my Charlie Rose shows.  I am now caught up to today!!! So here is where I am so far on the purging of fabric.....

Just a FEW of my scraps of fabric
What I have done so far on my design wall
I am actually kind of liking this!  I am going to make a table cloth  (82"x52") out of all these blocks.  My daily dishes are multi-colored Fiestaware...bright colors...so I think this will be a good solution of what to do with these chunks of fabric that I hate to think of just throwing away!


7 comments:

  1. We are all trying to deal with he events of the last year and it is hard. You seem to be able to better than most because of your creatively. I admire and envy our quilt making hobby and the talent it takes. You are doing good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Morris. Yes it does take my mind to another place. Ant time you would like to learn how, I'd be glad to show you!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea on the tablecloths with the scraps, Jay. Seems like it can be cathartic in a way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tablecloth and love that you have that outlet to de-stress! We may need to borrow that tablecloth for the next event for which we use the multi-colored cloths! Wouldn't that make a great focal point for the center of our table or room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's yours to use!!! If the event isn't for awhile!!! Not finished yet !

      Delete