Sunday, December 18, 2016

TED Talks

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” 
― Shel Silverstein


TED is a nonpartisan nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talksTED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 110 languages.

     I don't know how many of you are fans of TED talks....I am and have signed up for the newsletter that comes periodically.  This month, December, TED talks are doing "31 Days of Ideas".  For the 31 days of December, there is posted an archivel talk  from 15 to 30 minutes. Some are given by people we all know....some are from people I have not heard of...I haven't listened to them daily but this morning, I am catching up on the month of talks. I have given you the link to the list through yesterday (Dec. 16) and you can sign up for the newsletter there also if you are interested.
      The talk I thought I was going to listen to is titled "Hope for Wildlife on Planet Earth"...great title, don't you think?  But, as will happen, the link given was not on this subject!  I was well into what had come up before I realized the error!  But I consider this one of those "happy accidents" because this one really struck a chord of hope in me...there is good in world! We just need to be open to hearing and seeing it!
      So, here is the TED  talk that did come up!  Becci Manson is a photographer who felt compelled to travel to Japan after the 2011 Tsunami which destroyed so many homes and lives.  Her TED talk, "(re) Touching Live Through Photos", is the talk I just listened to and wanted to share with you all.

Becci Manson at here TED filming
I will try to find the one on Hope for Wildlife and send it on in a different post if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment