Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Another finished art work...almost!


“I slept and I dreamed that life is all joy. I woke and I saw that life is all service. I served and I saw that service is joy.” ― Kahlil Gibran
      Last week I showed the beginning of my new challenge for studioQ inspired by Josef Albers-"A Variation:Four Reds Around Blue"-1948
Variation...
As my studioQ art group met Monday, I had finished piecing it, but not quilted yet.  I had forgotten that we decided, because of the Holidays, we would have the challenge be due by the January meeting...well, maybe I can have it quilted by then!  So here is my process...as I mentioned before, I design somewhat by the seat of my pants....planning as I go.

first phase
Step two
On design wall to think about-this?
....Or this? at this point only the original center block-phase one is sewn together.  The strips, squares, etc. are sewn but not attached to the central unit yet..that way I can manipulate them to the design I finally decide I like...can you see the subtle differences in these two?
Okay, I am finished...now I just have to decide which side should be the top! And which side should be on the bottom? What do you think?
#1direction
#2 direction
#3 direction
#4 direction
At this moment, today, I am leaning towards #3 on my design wall....but that can be subject to change!  Nothing is absolute!!

2 comments: