Thursday, December 3, 2015

Day Three of Blogging

     I almost have my "Texture" for AQATW finished, then a couple unexpected but minor events occurred which makes me say.....okay tomorrow for sure!!!
    So let me tell you about studioQ 's second Masterpiece challenge. The challenge was thought to be a detail from a Gustav Klimt, but on further research, it was discovered to be a contemporary painting whose creator was influenced by Klimt. I don't mean to be evasive but when I emailed the artist to inquire into her interpretation etc., I received a rather curt reply! So I am going to leave her name and her painting out of my blog because I don't want to take a chance of offending her! But I do want to share all the different ways we interpreted the same painting!
     You can click on any of the pictures to enlarge them for closeups!
Jay
Andrea
Heather
Beth
Lynn
Wendy
Kay
Rhonda

     I'm always amazed at the wonderful array of variety we get in our challenges!

     And our next challenge is a painting by David Bates, a well-known local artist from Dallas.
But I won't be able to blog about it until January because we are not having a formal meeting in December....just lunch!








3 comments:

  1. I love seeing these pieces all together -- it's so interesting how we interpret the inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, so creative and I love all the variety of interpretation. I think there might be some of David Bates's art in the Dallas Art Museum. There's also a Jackson Pollock exhibit currently on display there. Do you feel like a trip to Dallas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm...that's a thought! How long is it going to be there? I think the Modern here in FW has a Bates also.

      Delete