Monday, November 30, 2015

Memory Monday

     One regular post I was doing a year ago....for a few years...was "Memory Monday". I had decided to record my memories from as far back as I could remember to the present. At the time I took a break, I had just finished my Freshman year at Mizzou (University of Missouri). For those of you new to the blogging scene, if you really are interested and have nothing more exciting to do, you can click on any year in my archives list to the left and see the entries for that year. Click on the title and it will take you to that blog entry.
      So here we are, 1959, beginning my Sophomore year! As I had mentioned earlier, I was not a stellar student but man! Was I having fun!!!! I began the year living in my sorority house...Zeta Tau Alpha. Because I was still a pledge, never having made the grade to become active, I shared a room with two other girls as far as my clothes, etc., but I slept in a dorm with 20 bunk beds.
Zeta Tau Alpha House-University of Missouri- 1958
     The dormitory where I slept was on the third floor...the upper most windows. My room where my belongings were and where I studied, etc., was on the second floor, to the right facing towards the front door, away from the front. The corner window on the right facing the front was where my best friend Beth lived with her pledge mom. She was also a pledge but only because she had just transferred to Mizzou and was a new pledge. (She did become an active after one semester!) The layout of our rooms will play a role in a future Memory Monday post.

No comments:

Post a Comment