Friday, August 1, 2014

Art Quilters Around the World

    Every other month,  a blog that I have joined, Art Quilters Around the World, has a challenge given by various members.  The latest Challenge, which was due to be posted on July 31, is titled "Reuse, Recycle, Reduce".  One stipulation was to use only materials which we already had....no purchasing of anything new!! So one day when my daughter who is also a member of the AQATW was over, we were talking about what we were going to do. We went through a bunch of stuff I had leftover from other projects. And with her encouragement, I decided what I wanted to do.
      I used a block made for an exercise on color my studioQ group did a few years back, where we created a paper sketch then made a block of fabric from our sketch.  Then I had this big pile of fabric flowers I made for something else and had a whole bunch left over....combining the two I made my challenge quilt for the 3 R's!  For more great quilts made by my fellow art quilters around the world...click on the above link!
       
Paper sketch 
Block made from sketch
A pile of fabric flowers 
Start of my block for the 3 R's Challenge 
My final quilt for the Challenge- 3R's

1 comment:

  1. i find it fun and interesting to do these sorts of challenges. something about using what you have seems to speak to the roots of quilting as well as bringing out the creative inside of us.

    love what you came up with. those flowers are joyful~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete