Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bead Journal Project-January

I had signed up for another challenge for this year.  I have discovered that I really like beading, so when I saw the Bead Journal Project, I signed up when they opened for membership!  The plan is to select a specific shape and bead that shape repeatedly once a month.  I pondered for a long time on what shape I wanted to do.  So many of the beading artists had such wonderful ideas in years past, but I finally decided on the "Yin-Yang" shape for mine.  I drew and cut out 12 circles-about 3 1/2 inches in diameter from Timtex and then drew the symmetrical curve to create the yin/yang.  Then I had to decide on colors!  And here is my January beading!
January
Each month I will bead a new "Yin-Yang" of different colors and different design.  Then at the end of the year, I hope to create a complete work of art, using these 12 shapes.

8 comments:

  1. What a great symbol to bead, I love your first color combination and will look forward to seeing the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good idea, and the piece does not look newbie-ish at all. Eleven Yin-Yang interpretations to go - there is an interesting year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I look forward to future installments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! These are all going to look so great together at the end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this idea will develop as you progress through the year, deepening your understanding of the concept of yin and yang as you bead each piece. Congratulations on a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Jay. your beading is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my what a great shape, I would have never thought to do that! CLEVER! Love your color choices for the month! Can't wait to see them as your collect grows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful idea and a beautiful piece. I look forward to seeing your next one.

    ReplyDelete