Monday, September 10, 2012

Challenge # 85 Breaking Free

The last couple of days we've spent at the hospital.....my buddy is having a little bit of a rough patch with the low white cell count...  Throughout our "ordeal" this year, there have been two things that have really helped pass the time for me...one is my Kindle Fire (I LOVE my Kindle...for more than just books!) and the other thing that has kept me occupied are the Internet challenges I have gotten into...I can take my sketchbook anywhere and "doodle" away!

This week, the Diva challenged us to do a tile and "break outside the boundaries of the box"!  The challenges are posted each week on Monday, so my other favorite item came in real handy.  As the hospital has Wifi (albeit a little sporadic), I could use my Kindle Fire to get on line and check out the Diva's website to get the topic.  And I could also get to Linda Farmer's website to look for tangles I wanted to use!

Challenge # 85 Breaking Free by arts1plus
Challenge # 85-"Breaking Free"

16 comments:

  1. This looks great, Jay. I love the "streams" of pattern running through the design & how you have alternated them. Lacing looks great, too :) I hope your buddy is feeling better and that they are/soon to be out of hospital

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ZIA. I love how the "threads" weave through the piece and then float freely. Very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this tile is amazing. Your penwork is beautiful (as is the tile).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, I like this zia very much. Hope your buddy gets well soon and can go home again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has a really nice flow of patterns, Jay. I like the way the patterns combine as they go outward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go out off the paper!!!!!Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very gentle, and very beautiful, Jay

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your string, and the feathery way you've broken out. Lacing is a great touch as well. Best wishes for a quick recovery for your buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to break free. I hope your buddy recovers quick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, really enjoy your layering and line quality!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've really broken free! I really like the lacing. Hope things are on the mend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breaking free in more ways than one this week's challenge has given you the perfect opportunity to express that! I love how it breaks free to every side of the paper and yet it remains whole!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely, Jay. Wonderful example of breaking free. I hope your buddy breaks free of the hospital really soon well. Get well wishes coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This so pretty ...intricately done and very neat too:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh Jay, it sounds like a lot to bear and yet you find ways to make the time artistic and creative. sending blessings your way.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete