Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day #2-August Challenge/Creative Crones

Today, for day #2 of the August challenge, I am listing my short term goal for this month and giving the reasons why they are my goals:

  1. To finish quilting the four quilts I am entering in our guild show in September.  (because I haven't done them yet and time is a movin' on!!)
  2. To create the Challenge for my studioQ 12 x 12 challenges for August..."Citius, Altius, Fortius". (because I have not missed doing a challenge yet and don't want this to be the one...if any!)
  3. To continue doing these August challenges...(because I made a commitment to myself to do the challenge!)
And Monday of this week, by Creative Crones of studioQ met.  We had quite a crowd and one guest!  Several brought their 12 x 12 challenges..." I Heard It Through the Grapevine".  Some of the group are a little behind on getting the challenges done, but everyone is working on getting stuff ready for the Quilt Show in September.

This challenge for July is the one that was given to us by our dynamic Sue who is no longer with us....and I even had a bottle of wine to celebrate the theme and to raise a glass in Sue's memory...which I forgot to serve!!!
My challenge....I used some thread painting on my leaves and free motion stippling on the background.

Kay Scheffer's Challenge...bordered with Morse Code! 
Beth Garber's Challenge...she used Sue's picture as part of her collage
Rhonda Wheddle's Challenge... done in felt

Heather Pregger's Challenge...an abstract with silk ribbons.
Our next month challenge, given by me, is "Citius, Altius, Fortius"...inspired by the Olympics and taken from a Zentangle Challenge of a few weeks ago...the challenge is to first...look up the Latin phrase if one doesn't know what it means (I had to look it up!) and secondly... to interpret the phrase into a 12 x 12 quilt!



No comments:

Post a Comment