Saturday, April 14, 2012

Race for the Cure 2012

Race for the Cure 2012

My daughter and I with Elsie the cow


     Today was the 18th Race for the Cure that I have done...My original goal was  to do this until age 70...well, that was last year so  now, at age 71, I have reset my goal for 75!  Every year my daughters, granddaughter and various friends have done the Race in Fort Worth, Tx.  It is always such an inspiring event to see all the women with the pink shirts (for survivors) with all the other participants...friends, family, men, women and children!  We have walked in rain, snow, heat and wind (today was pretty ideal...a little humid but overcast enough to be pleasant).

     The crowd picture is just half of the numbers...there were at least that many if not more behind us! My other daughter and my granddaughter weren't able to join us this time, but I know they'll be back!!!

1 comment: